Kidney Cancer Surgery in Bhopal
Kidney Cancer Surgery Bhopal
The most popular form of treatment for kidney cancer is surgery. Nephrectomy is the medical term for a surgery to remove the kidney. The surgeon often removes the entire kidney, the adrenal gland, and any surrounding tissue. There may also be a need to remove some local lymph nodes. A radical nephrectomy is what is performed in this case. The surgeon can frequently only remove the kidney tissue containing the tumour. The best candidates for this procedure, also known as a partial nephrectomy, are those who have small tumours or tumours near the edge of the kidney.
The most frequent kind of treatment for kidney cancer is surgery, which can usually cure most patients with early-stage cancer (stages 1, 2, and 3).
1. Partial nephrectomy In a partial nephrectomy, the kidney is preserved as much as possible while the tumour or affected kidney tissue is removed.
2. Radical nephrectomy A radical nephrectomy involves the total removal of the kidney. The lymph nodes and surrounding tissues may also be removed, if necessary.
Consult your surgeon about the best surgical strategy for you:
- Open (conventional surgery with a long incision) (traditional surgery with a long incision)
- Laparoscopic (surgery done with a video camera and thin instruments for smaller incisions) (surgery done with a video camera and thin instruments for smaller incisions)
- Robotic (laparoscopic surgery done with the help of a robot) (laparoscopic surgery done with the help of a robot)